Thursday, July 10, 2014

Some Site Changes

Making some changes to the site and looking for feedback.



Up until now, I've been trying to keep record of deals as they are found and then add them to a big post with all the deals for the week.

The problem with this method is things get missed or duplicated and it actually takes quite a bit to put it all in one giant post like that.

At first this seemed better than the alternative of a lot of ad hoc postings, because people would have to do a lot of searching to find the current week's and upcoming deals.

However, my current method had some drawbacks as well, because once I got the list up, I would find about more deals and never knew whether to add it to the old list or just add a new post.  Someone might miss the deal if I just added it to the old list, but then it made it harder to find all the deals for the current week.

My solution, while not ideal is to do both.  As new deals come in, I will post them to the blog.  But also at some point, I will collate items for the week and when new items come in after that, I will post it to the blog, but also include it in the weekly deals post, which will be linked over on the right. Like this:


That said, the comments have been pretty quiet over here.  What deals do you want posted?  Do you have any suggestions for the site?  What can we do to make the site better?



No comments:

Post a Comment