Friday, August 1, 2014

A Quick Update!

I'm still here and I *will* have updates out today.  But have some stuff going on...



Over last weekend I caught up with my backlog and made a decision to really push myself to keep up with it all.  I spent at least 8 or 9 hours working on posts on Sat to catch up with how far behind I had gotten.

The tendinitis in my wrist and the brace I have to wear, have been slowing me down though and made me realize just how manual and time consuming my current methods of writing blog posts are.

I'm not talking about scripting entire posts, but I spend a ton of time reviewing and editing to make sure I have consistent formatting and things look right.  (And I still find formatting mistakes almost daily.)  I need to work on a little bit of automation for my posts just to give you all a better experience and to get updates out quicker.  I will have the usual morning updates and Friday Freebies out for you sometime this afternoon.  And my goal is to finally catch up on this week's grocery store deals and get the drug store deals out tonight.

I'm not going to attempt to promise all that will happen though, especially when I'm working on some scripts to help me get posts out to you all easier.  (Which, while it saves time in the long run, is very time consuming in and of itself.)

I want to deliver great deals to you in a consistent format and in a timely manner to you have chance to cash in on them.  But rather than keep pushing myself to somehow keep up with everything the way I'm doing things now, it's time to work a little smarter and not harder and see what I can do to get these posts out faster, both for your benefit and to give me a little more time with my wife and kids.

I did want to apologize to you all for not getting things out as quickly as I should though and not getting out some of the posts I said I would.  I am working on making it better. :)  May the deals be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment